Please join Louise Nixon on Wednesday, February 5, 2014
12:15 PM – 1:15 PM
LA Law Library
301 W. 1st Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER, PLEASE VISIT US AT:
or call 213.785.2516
As part of the LA Law Library’s MCLE lunch hour speaker series, the class will provide the tools and resources to identify complex issues involving Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs). Learn best practices when handling cases that involve pensions to be divided, and understand the different types of retirement plans and how they should be divided.
- Pre-QDRO Planning Strategy
- ERISA Plans vs. Public Plans
- Recent Case Law Affecting QDRO Division
- Distribution Issues
- Judgment Drafting Issues to Protect the Family Law Attorney
Presented by Louise Nixon
For almost 20 years, Louise Nixon’s law practice has focused on QDROs. Founder of QDRO Counsel Inc., she is a recurrent court appointed expert and a frequent speaker for family law groups and bar associations, employee benefit groups, and local to national CLE organizations.
- 1 hour general MCLE credit.
- Fees: $35 for the class (nonrefundable, payment reserves spot)
- Lunch options will be available for your convenience for an additional $15 during online registration.